Finding the best mat for you depends on a few things: Your weight, height, sensitivity of your joints, and the type of yoga you practice. The Liforme yoga mat is currently one of our favorite non-slip, heavy duty mats.
But it’s not for everyone – mostly due to what could be considered a high price tag. However, if you’re in the market for quality, this may be the last mat you ever buy. In this Liforme yoga mat review, we’ll cover everything you need to know so you can make an informed buying decision.
Overview of the Liforme Yoga Mat
- Stickyness: Polyurethane top absorbs any amount of liquid and maintains a high level of grippyness without interfering with posing.
- Size: At 73 x 27 inches it’s almost 5 inches longer and wider than most mats.
- Thickness: 4.2mm with a natural rubber bottom, cushioned felt layer in the middle and a Polyurethane top.
- Sustainablity: All of the materials in this mat are body friendly and sustainably sourced.
- Style: Currently offered in 4 colors: Grey, green, blue and pink.
- Bonus: Includes its own yoga mat bag.
Review of The Liforme Yoga Mat
I’ll admit I was skeptical about a yoga mat that costs (at this time) over $100. I also wasn’t sure about the alignment marks or whether or not they would make any difference. And every mat today says “non-slip” so why should I pay so much more? In short, I wasn’t convinced this mat would be worth the money. I’m pleased to say my concerns have been put to rest.
The lines on the mat proved to be useful for staying centered and serve as a visual cue when changing positions (you can read their instructions here but its pretty self explanatory). It’s easy to get off center and off balance during active yoga (for me at least). Since one of my big goals in yoga is to achieve “balance” both literally and figuratively, I like the constant visual reminder to do so.
It’s made from a combination of natural rubber (bottom) and eco-friendly